Are you required to take Accuplacer?
Accuplacer testing is required for:
- New students registering for credit-based courses
- PSEO students
- Returning students or transfer students who have not taken the Accuplacer test at another institution or successfully completed a college-level math and/or college-level English course.
Students are not required to take the Accuplacer if they submit one of the following:
- ACT minimum sub-scores of 16 in Reading and/or 16 in Math (13 for Career Tech Programs.) Scores are valid for 5 years.
- MCA minimum scores 1042 in Reading and/or 1148 in Math. Scores are valid for 5 years.
- SAT minimum scores of 410 in Reading and/or 380 in Math. Scores are valid for 5 years.
- Classic Accuplacer scores of 63 in Reading and/or 71 in Elementary Algebra. (See advising guide for Career Program scores.) Reading scores are valid for 5 years and math scores are valid for 2 years.
- Next Generation Accuplacer scores of 242 in Reading and/or 252 in Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Stastics. Reading scores are valid for 5 years and math scores are valid for 2 years.
- Official transcripts of college-level English and/or college-level math with a grade of C or higher.
Review the Advising Guide on the "What does your test score mean?" webpage for more information about scores and placement.