International Students

What is an International Student?

Riverland Community College welcomes students from all over the world. An international student is defined as a person seeking admission to the college who is not a U.S. citizen or is not a U.S. immigrant.

Prospective international students may apply to Riverland who are non-immigrants to the United States or seeking an F-1 student visa. (Permanent residents, refugees and political asylees are U.S. immigrants and complete the general admissions process only.)

Some students attend a four year university when they graduate from high school. Others prefer to attend a community college for a year or two and then transfer to a four year university to finish their degree. The advantages to a two year college are numerous. It is much less expensive – international students receive in-state tuition.

Riverland International Advisor

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 1-507-433-0558 or e-mail me at Thank you again for your interest in Riverland Community College. We would be very excited to work with you to bring you to Riverland to pursue your college degree.

Additional Help

For help with the visa process, fees, questions about embassy appointments, student resources, etc. Please visit

Feeling Overwhelmed?

Many international students feel a little overwhelmed when they arrive in the United States. Riverland is a fairly small campus which has a student population of about four thousand students and about forty international students. Because we are smaller we offer one-on-one relationships with our students, our student to teacher ratio is smaller than universities and we have an international student advisor that works specifically with our international student population.


Need Assistance?
Skype: 507-433-0558
WhatsApp: 507-440-0409
Office: 507-433-0558
Cell:  507-440-0409

  • Contact Melodee Morem Riverland's International Student Advisor