Transfer Student

I have earned college-level course credit at another college/university and now wish to complete a degree/program at Riverland.

  1. Complete a College Application
  2. Send Riverland your official College Transcripts
    • You will need to have your transcripts sent from all colleges outside of the Minnesota State System. 
  3. Apply for Financial Aid
  4. Online Orientation
    • All Students are required to complete the Online Orientation prior to setting up your Advising and Registration Appointment.
    • You'll receive the link to Online Orientation in your acceptance letter.
  5. Advising & Registration Appointment
    • You will be instructed to set up your Advising & Registration Appointment with your assigned advisor at the end of Online Orientation.
    • Make sure we have received at least one of the following prior to your appointment: 
      • Your High School Transcript (if you graduated in the last 10 years)
      • Scores from ACT, SAT, and MCA testing (if taken within the last 5 years)
      • Transcripts for any college-level coursework taken at an accredited college or university
    • You will create an academic plan and register for classes at your Virtual Advising and Registration Appointment.
    • Questions - email 
  6. Apply for Riverland Scholarships
  7. Buy your books at the Riverland Bookstore

Need Assistance?

We're here to help. Contact Taylor or schedule an online or phone appointment with one of our Academic Advisors:

Taylor: 507-433-0642
Front Desk: 507-433-0600

Frequently Asked Questions